Remember that river cruise that my best friend Susan (a.k.a. "Rouge-Bleu") and I went on last month? I have some very good news to share with you: Jean-Marc and I will be hosting the next one along the Seine—and we would be happy if could join us!
I'm going to let Susan tell you all about it here. Susan writes:
Since coming back from France a few weeks ago and experiencing AMA Waterways first hand, I have worked with AMA Waterways (my most favorite river cruise line) about the idea of becoming an onboard host on one of their sailings along with Domaine Rouge-Bleu & French Word-A-Day, and this request was recently approved!
The best part for any of those joining us is that the guest hosts and those who will be doing the special lectures onboard are author of French-Word-A-Day, Kristin Espinasse (my best friend for 30+ years from high school) and her husband Jean Marc (famous wine maker and former owner of Domaine Rouge-Bleu, where he remains a partner).
The cruise departs and returns to Paris 8-15 NOV 2013 with a focus on Normandy and charming towns along the Seine. There is an optional 2 day land portion in Paris following the sailing. For complete details on the day/day itinerary, please click this link:http://www.amawaterways.com/paris-&-normandy-wine-themed-2013.
The reason I love AMA so much (over many of the other cruise lines) is because of all that is included with their river cruise:
- 7 nights deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom - 82% of the staterooms with French balconies
- Life enriching tours and excursions daily with personal headset included
- Culinary Delights – Bites & Sights excursions
- State-of-the-art Infotainment System in all staterooms featuring free high-speed Internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library & English language TV stations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- Terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding in all staterooms
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every dinner on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Transfer from the ship to the hotel in Paris if opting for the land portion
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Paris, including daily buffet breakfast with land portion booked
- Special highlights including lectures, theme dinners, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and afternoon/evening piano music
- Bicycles to explore on your own & guided bicycle tours
- Services of professional Cruise Manager
- All English language on board in a non-smoking environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All transfers are included if one opts to purchase the complete cruise, land & air package
- All local taxes. Port fees and taxes are not included in the quote on the flyers.
Very few cabins left - please don't delay in reserving your place
There are a limited amount of cabins left on this sailing and the special promo of $500 off per cabin and $100 per person onboard ship credit runs only through Jan 31, 2013. Cabins must have deposit on them by 31JAN 2013 in order to qualify. In order to qualify for this promo, all sailings must be booked with Critics Choice Vacations.
Look over the flyer, below, and if you would like a quote on a cabin, I would be delighted to offer you one!
Susan Boehnstedt, ACC, DS
President, Critics Choice Vacations
Don't hesitate to contact Susan (pictured left, beside me) for any questions about this AMA cruise. We both hope to see you in November. Jean-Marc is already preparing the wines that he will present to you!
You can contact Susan by email or phone: Susan@CriticsChoiceVacations.com Phone/Fax: 480-831-9076